Roli Seaboard Block
The Seaboard Block Studio Edition from ROLI is the brands highly versatile and compact version of their world-renowned Seaboard. Boasting a level of expression which belies its reduced dimensions, it gives you the platform to go and create craft detailed, layered soundscapes; it’s the perfect production companion. Fully compatible with the leading DAW’s and software suites, you’ll be delivering supreme sounding sonics in no time at all!
Boasting a soft, highly playable, touch-responsive surface, the Seaboard is an absolute joy to play. You can quickly make and alter unique, varied sounds in seconds using a range of intuitive controls. Strike to sound a single note; glide your fingers to bend the pitch; slide up and down for modulation; press and hold to add more depth to a sound; lift your fingertips and increase or decrease the level of resonance.
The Seaboard Block Studio is part of the ROLI family of modular controllers; this makes it possible to expand its potential and playing surface using the built-in magnetic connectors. You could connect it to the Live Block, another Seaboard Block, or the Lightpad Block. Each will open up a tonne of extra creative options, letting you assign functions, tweak performances in real-time and shape production parameters, depending on your choices.
A range of powerful and smart software has been included to really enhance your productions and increase the Seaboard blocks versatility. ROLI Studio (split into 2 plugins – ROLI Studio Drums and ROLI Studio Player) packs together pioneering tools, easy-to-read interfaces, intriguing effects and 500 plus sounds (alongside 300+ MPE variants) into one streamlined package.
ROLI Studio drums is a world-first MPE (MIDI polyphonic expression) plugin which revolutionises the way that you program your beats. An in-depth, but easy to master system known as 5D touch allows you to warp and manipulate drum sounds to your hearts content; you can even apply and adjust up to 4 audio effects at the same time.
On the other hand, ROLI Studio Player is made for melodies. Add texture and detail to your drum tracks with premium melodic tones. There’s over 200 acoustic, synth and hybrid-acoustic presets for you to explore and experiment with here. That’s not to mention the inclusion of Tracktion Waveform 8, Max MSP and Strobe2 as well!
You’ll be composing and producing more efficiently and effectively too. ROLI Studio provides smart chords (suggesting which chord to select after each note you perform), a multi-layered arpeggiator (producing rhythms with 3 arp layers) and effects/macros (ensuring you can tweak your sound in real-time).
- Lightweight construction makes the Seaboard highly portable.
- Expand your playing surface, joining together with other compatible ROLI blocks using the magnetic connectors.
- 24 keywave surface is soft and extremely responsive.
- 5D Touch Tech encourages dynamic sound shaping.
- ROLI Studio contains hundreds of high-quality MPE sounds, including acoustic, synth and hybrid-acoustic presets when using ROLI Studio Player.
- Contains pioneering tools for making track creation quicker and more efficient.
- Award-winning technology and design.
- Compatible with the most popular DAW’s and plugin suites.
- Built for both studio production and live performances.
- Battery Powered (10 Hour Battery Life, 4 Hour Charging Time)
- 4 DNA Connectors
- Complete MIDI Compatibility over both USB & Bluetooth LE
- USB-C Port
- MIDI Out & Power
- Includes a USB-C to USB-A Cable, a Quick Start Guide and One Year Full Warranty
- ROLI Connect: manage your blocks, download software suite etc.
- ROLI Dashboard: configure blocks to suit your workflow and control both plugins and DAW’s.
- Max MSP 8 (Free Six-Month Trial): powerful plug-in development.
- Strobe2 Full: contains 1100+ synth sounds and an analogue modelling engine to build your own.
- ROLI Studio (Including ROLI Studio Player & ROLI Studio Drums)
- Tracktion Waveform 8: a DAW designed especially for MPE productions. Perform and edit alongside your Seaboard.
- Equator Player: a highly respected MPE synth designed by ROLI.
- Cypher2 Player
- Google Pixel/Pixel 2 (Limited Support)
- iPhone 6 or Newer
- iPad Mini 4 or Newer
- iPad Air 2 or Newer
- iPad Pro (12.9″, 10.5″ or 9.7″)
- iOS 9.0 or Higher
- Please Note – ROLI Studio is Only Available on Desktop
- 2GB of Hard Drive Space
- 4GB of RAM (8GB Recommended)
- Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz+
- Windows 10 / Mac OSX 10.12+
- Please Note – An Internet Connection is Needed to Download & Register Your Software