IK iRig Mic
Make quality audio and vocal recordings anywhere on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Pro quality performance and recording made easy
- iRig Mic is the first handheld, quality condenser microphone for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad designed for all of your mobile sound needs. Now you can make professional audio and vocal recordings anywhere on your iOS device.
- iRig Mic is ideal for the singer, vocalist and songwriter on the move, but also perfect for recording speeches, instruments, performances or other sound sources in the studio, on stage or in the field.
- The iRig Mic features a highly unidirectional condenser-electret microphone capsule that provides quality recording in both close mic and long distance mic conditions, and provides real time monitoring with its dual mini-jack connector design. A three-level gain switch makes it instantly adjustable for any sound pressure condition — from soft speaking to loud playing.
- Its familiar form is perfect for handheld performance, plus it allows you to mount it on any mic stand leaving your device free for operating your favorite app. Its rugged metal body is road-ready for the mobile musician.
- iRig Mic also comes* with VocaLive FREE, IK’s new real time effects processor suite for the singer and vocalist, and AmpliTube FREE for guitar players and songwriters and iRig Recorder FREE, an IK app for quick audio recording and processing. iRig Mic also works with a wide variety of other vocal and audio processing apps for the iOS platform.
- Ideal for all vocal applications from singing to speech
- Great for all types of sound recording or processing in music or any other audio application
- Quality condenser-electret unidirectional capsule
- Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers, PAs
- Rugged, durable metal housing
- Easy to set-up for any sound source
- Can be handheld or placed on a standard mic stand
- Comes with apps for singers and songwriters
- Works with your (other) favorite audio apps
Ideal for singers and vocalists
Singers and vocalists will find the iRig Mic to be their ideal companion for capturing their voice in high fidelity for real time audio processing during live performances or recording sessions. The iRig Mic condenser-electret capsule with accurate unidirectional pattern and high-pressure holding ensures high-quality crisp, clean vocal reproduction – even in noisy environments – with no distortion, even with the widest range of volume dynamics.
Suitable for all types of sound recording
Musicians will love the versatility of iRig Mic for recording and accurately reproducing their acoustic instruments, amplified instruments or even their band performances and concerts. Non-musicians will find it an indispensable tool for recording high quality podcasts, speeches, lessons, interviews, video soundtracks or any other source that can be recorded on the go with their mobile device.
Includes apps for singers, songwriters and speakers
With millions of installations and constant ranking in the top music apps – IK Multimedia is the leader for professional music creation apps on the iOS platform. 15 years of experience in the professional audio markets has produced three powerful apps for singers and songwriters included* with iRig Mic: VocaLive FREE, AmpliTube FREE and iRig Recorder FREE.
Your favorite vocal and audio effects,on your iPhone
For singers and vocalists, the new VocaLive FREE app included* with iRig Mic offers for the first time a mobile suite of real-time effects dedicated to live vocal processing. Vocalists can add effects like choir harmonizer, pitch correction, vocal doubler, de-esser and more, together with advanced sing-along and recording features. The included* AmpliTube FREE app is the perfect companion for songwriters and features real-time guitar and bass effects, recording and mastering capabilities. The included* iRig Recorder FREE is the new IK app for quick audio recording and processing so easy to operate that can be used by everybody, including non musicians.
Can be used with a wide variety of apps
iRig Mic can be used with any other app that uses the device microphone to process or record audio on the iPhone, iPod and iPad. These include a wide range of music apps for audio processing, sing-along and recording – for both professional music creation or personal entertainment – video, multimedia and gaming apps, plus thousands more.
Works With Your Android Devices
Android device users rejoice! Now you can use the iRig Mic with your Android device and your favorite Android audio apps. iRig Mic is fully compatible with most devices and apps that support and process audio – apps like Skype, Tune Me, the Booth Rap Studio, Voice Pro just to name a few. No additional software is required, simply plug iRig Mic into your 1/8” (3.5mm) headphone/input jack and launch your favorite app. Also, iRig Mic comes with iRig Recorder FREE for Android, an extremely easy to use intuitive audio capture and processing app.
iRig Mic Specifications
- Microphone Type: condenser electret
- Polar Pattern: unidirectional/cardioid
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 15 kHz, -3dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for high sound pressure): 120 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for mid sound pressure): 90 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure (set for low sound pressure): 75 dB
- Distortion: 3% THD at 120 dB, 1 kHz
- Windscreen: built-in
- Power and Connection: works with iOS, most Android devices (CTIA/AHJ compatible) and most Mac computers
- iRig Mic microphone
- Protective iRig Mic zippered storage bag
- iRig Mic clamp
- 5/8” to 3/8” thread adapter
- Size: 225mm/8.85″ x 45mm/1.77″ x 45mm/1.77″ (W x L x H)
- Weight: 300g/10.58oz