KORG VOLCA MODULAR
West Coast Semi-modular Synthesis for Volca Fans
With its true semi-modular signal path, the Korg Volca Modular brings the expansive creative potential of modular synths to the Volca platform. And with its CV inputs, it’s a sweet addition to any Eurorack synth rig. Its 16-step sequencer offers a range of scale presets to play with, plus deep randomization options for on-the-fly versatility. Practically anything can be patched into anything else on the Volca Modular, and 20 patch cables are included — that’s a lot of potential for creating your own custom synth sounds. Whether you’re expanding your Volca rig or tapping into your full modular synth setup, the Korg Volca Modular packs a ton of value into a standalone synth and sequencer module.
Extensive patchability for endless sound design options
The Korg Volca Modular’s semi-modular nature allows you to start creating sounds instantly, without any patching. With the included patch cables, you’ve got a total of 50 patch points to experiment with. You’ll be able to craft sounds never heard from the Volca range before, from evocative drones to nonlinear soundscapes and beyond.
CV in for modular connectivity
Eurorack fans at Sweetwater were pleased to find CV input on the Korg Volca Modular, opening the door for connecting it to a full modular rig. The CV-In jack receives a TRS mini stereo jack for inputting two signals. The left channels support a +/-5-volt signal, while the right channel accepts a 1-volt/oct signal (internally converted to pitch CV). Each of these signals can be further patched to specific modules on the Volca Modular.
Advanced sequencer playback modes
The Korg Volca Modular is equipped with the classic Volca sequencer, with a couple of new play modes serving up big creative potential. Bounce mode alternates between playing your sequence forward and backward, also known as round-trip sequencing. Stochastic mode gradually progresses through your sequence while randomly moving forward and backward within the sequence. And with various scales, keys, and even micro tuning at your command, plus sequence randomization capabilities, you could spend months exploring all that the Volca Modular has to offer.
Korg Volca Modular Analog Synthesizer Module Features:
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer
- Voice architecture: 2 VCO (triangle), 2 EG, 2 LPG, digital effect
- CV input and sync I/O for connecting to modular synths, Electribes, Volcas, and more
- 50 patch points and 20 included patch cables for near-endless sound design options
- Advanced 16-step sequencer with multiple play modes and randomization capability
- Preset scales, keys, and micro tunings for fun and fast playability
- Type: Desktop Synth with Sequencer
- Analog/Digital: Analog Synth with Digital Effects
- Pads: 16 x Multi-touch Keypads
- Polyphony: Monophonic
- Oscillators: 2 x Analog VCO
- Waveforms: Triangle
- Envelope Generator: 2 x EG (attack, hold, release)
- LFO: Looped Rise-Fall Generator
- Filter: 2 x Lowpass Gate Circuits
- Sample and Hold: Pink Noise Sourced Random Signal Generator
- Effects Types: Reverb
- Sequencer: 16-step, Pattern Chaining, Motion Sequence, Bounce, Stochastic
- Other I/O: 2 x 1/8″ (sync in/out), 1 x 1/8″ (CV in), 50 x Patch Points
- Power Supply: 9V DC power supply (sold separately) / 6 x AA batteries (Alkaline, NiMH)
- Height: 1.54″
- Width: 7.61″
- Depth: 4.54″
- Weight: 0.83 lbs.