Optimal Audio SmartAmp 20
Optimal Audio SmartAmp 20- 4 x 125W amplifier with integral DSP
- Desktop or rack mounted
- Signal processing presets for Optimal Audio loudspeakers
- 125 watts per channel into 4Ω-16Ω and 70V-100V line loudspeaker loads
- Power sharing technology enables 250 watts from two pairs of channels
SmartAmp 20 is an amplifier with built in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) specifically tailored to optimise the performance of the Optimal Audio loudspeaker range.
This four-channel power amplifier can drive either conventional low impedance or 70V – 100V loudspeaker loads. Internal DSP presets of Optimal Audio loudspeakers are selected by switches to the rear of the amplifier, which enable the appropriate EQ and overload protection settings.
The space efficient half-width, 1U, 19” rack housing enables two units to be mounted side by side with a SmartAmp 10 or another SmartAmp 20, allowing up to 8 channels in a 1U space.
The SmartAmp 20 is capable of a maximum of 250W output shared between each pair of channels. This enables SmartAmp 20 to flexibly deliver power required for each channel within a pair, depending on the system requirement. For example, if one channel was to only be using 20W of power for some Up speakers, the other channel in the pair could deliver the remaining 230W of power for a more demanding application.
Power factor Correction power supply technology enables universal AC mains operation, eliminating the need for local market specific power regulation and potential reliability issues. The power supply delivers consistent, regulated power worldwide with ultra low standby power consumption for EuP2103 and energy star compliance.
- TYPE : CLASS D power amplifier with DSP
- POWER OUTPUT (4Ω -16Ω) : 4 x 125W
- 70V-100V OUTPUT : 4 x 125W
- DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING : EQ & limiter presets for Optimal Audio loudspeakers
- COOLING : Forced air cooling with fan
- ANALOGUE IN/LINK : 4 balanced line inputs on Euroblock connectors
- ANALOGUE INPUT IMPEDANCE : 10kΩ unbalanced, 20kΩ balanced
- MAXIMUM ANALOGUE INPUT LEVEL : +24dBu
- AMPLIFIER OUTPUTS : Euroblock
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO : > 100 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 8 Ω load)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE : 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+0/-0.25 dB (8 Ω load, 3 dB below rated power)
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION : < 0.05 % (20 Hz – 20 kHz, 8 Ω load, 3 dB below rated power)
- SLEW RATE : 8.796V/µS at 70 V peak, low impedence, 17.77V/µS at 100 V peak, high impedence
- DAMPING FACTOR : 370 with 8Ω load
- CONTROL AND MONITORING : GPIO
- DSP SAMPLE RATE : 48kHz
- MAINS POWER INPUT : Universal Mains, 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- MAINS CONNECTOR : IEC
- POWER CONSUMPTION : 150W
- HEAT GENERATED : 540 kJ per hour
- DIMENSIONS : (W) 220mm x (H) 44mm x (D) 353mm
(W) 8.67” x (H) 1.73” x (D) 13.90”
- WEIGHT : 2.4kg (5.3lbs)