Realise your potential with the Rane MP2015. Rotary mixers have always been considered an elite mixing tool with a smoother sensation for both DJ and audience. In today’s market, the Rane MP2015 represents everything that is good about the industry we love; High quality audio, high quality components and high quality features!
As you will discover from the description below, this mixer packs a host of modern innovations, while holding true to the look and feel of a traditional rotary mixing console.
The Rane MP2015 is a no-compromise music-mixing performance instrument. Control, sound, reliability and durability distinguish Rane’s new techno house club mixer for high-end audio systems. Born from a legacy of rotary club mixers beginning in 1971 with Rudy Bozak’s CMA-10-2DL, on to 1982 and UREI’s 1620, then in 1999 Rane’s MP2016/XP2016 combo, and now in 2015, the MP2015 represents the next revival and evolution.
With over 40 years of rotary mixer experience to draw on, along with collaboration and input from the world’s best techno house DJs, the MP2015 is the best mixer produced by Rane—ever. There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability.
A world-class leader in performance, the MP2015 is designed for playback of High-Resolution Audio (HRA) 24-bit studio master quality sources. Its sonic signature has no equal, satisfying the most stringent vinyl purists. And the dynamics are perfect for DJs preferring the uncompressed sound of WAV and FLAC files.
Professional high-end sound quality begins and ends with the audio signal converters. The MP2015 uses premium performance Audio 4 Pro™ delta-sigma modulator converters by AKM [Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation] that meet the highest sound quality standards of recording studios. The balanced differential audio input converters deliver 116 dB dynamic range, utilising a built-in modified FIR architecture that minimises group delay, allowing excellent linear phase response.
The 24-bit audio output converters have the same 116 dB dynamic range and sport AKM’s proprietary 24-bit digital filter for better sound quality achieving low distortion characteristics and wide dynamic range. The differential outputs eliminate the need for AC coupling capacitors further increasing performance. Input and output converters support sample rates of 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, or 96 kHz. Overall Digital/USB in to Line-out, or Line-in to Digital/USB out dynamic range is 116 dB (A-weighted), while Line-input to Line-output dynamic range is a remarkable 113 dB (A-weighted) with vanishingly low THD+N of 0.0009%.
The Phono-CD (or any line-level source) analog input stages feature gold RCA connectors and are true studio-quality preamplifiers providing EMI, RFI and transient overvoltage protection against ESD. The circuitry provides low noise, high gain-bandwidth, low harmonic distortion, fast slew rate and high output current. The phono RIAA filter accuracy measures +0.1/-0.2 dB from perfect. Included are 18 Hz high-pass infrasonic (rumble) filters with steep 18 dB/octave slopes and ultrasonic filters beginning rolloff at 50 kHz at a 12 dB/octave rate. A zero-distortion relay selects between CD and Phono operation.
Each of the four Input channels and the Submix channel feature a unique and exclusive three-position toggle selector-switch. Choose between LP (low-pass), HP (high-pass) or L-H (low-pass, high-pass combo). All have steep 24 dB/octave (4th-order) slopes and are sweepable. In the LP position the Filter knob sweeps the low-pass frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz (CCW to CW). The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz. In the HP position the Filter knob sweeps the high-pass frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz (CCW to CW). The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz.
- Premium performance audio converters
- Dual USB ports for easy changeovers
- 3-Band EQ for each channel
- Resonant sweep filters for each channel
- 3-Band isolator for master bus
- Submix channel with filter, EQ, and gain
- Class compliant Mac OSX
- High performance ASIO driver for windows
- Professional quality microphone pre-amp
- Rolled-steel enclosure with Lexan overlay
- Four Analog Deck Inputs: Each is Phono-CD-S/PDIF switchable
- Analog Stereo RCA jacks: Phono (RIAA) or CD (line-level)
- Phono Response: RIAA +0.1/-0.2 dB, Gain: 31 dB at 1 kHz, Butterworth 3rd-order Infrasonic (rumble) and 2nd-order Low-pass Filters
- Max Phono Input: 126 mV
- Max Line Input: 4 Vrms, all unbalanced inputs
- Analog Aux Input: Line Level, stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
- Session Analog Input: Line Level, stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
- FlexFX Stereo unbalanced ¼” TS (tip-sleeve) jacks, Send and Return.
- Mic Input: Balanced ¼” TRS & XLR combo jack with Mic / Line switch and +48V Phantom Power switch
- Main is on balanced XLR jacks
- Booth is on balanced TRS 1/4″ jacks
- Session is on unbalanced RCA line level or S/PDIF digital RCA jacks
- FlexFX Loop Send is unbalanced RCA jacks.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.25 dB
- Unbalanced jacks (Session & FlexFX): Max 4 Vrms
- Balanced jacks (Main & Booth): Max 8 Vrms
- Dual USB sound cards with Seven stereo record, Five stereo playback, Each Port, 32-bit floating point @ 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz or 96 kHz
- Class-compliant, no driver needed for Mac OS X
- ASIO driver provided for Windows.
Size + Weight:
- Height: 4.3″ / 10.92cm
- Width: 13.1″ / 33.27cm
- Depth: 14″ / 35.56cm
- Weight: 12.6lb / 5.72kg