Eight Tracks of Portable Production Power
There’s something creatively freeing about recording with a TASCAM DP-03SD Digital Portastudio that many working musicians can appreciate. For example, the DP-03SD’s built-in microphones mean you don’t have to pack a mic, while the onboard effects and processing let you quickly polish up your sound. Eight tracks of CD-quality recording with bounce and editing functions offer a ton of possibilities too, and onboard essentials such as a tuner and a metronome let you travel light if you’re on the move. Top it off with multiband mastering processing, and create a complete record from start to finish on your DP-03SD.
TASCAM DP-03SD Digital Portastudio at a Glance:
- Onboard microphones and quality I/O let you get your ideas down fast
- Go back and forth with your DAW with CD-quality SD card recording
- Start with an idea and finish with a fully produced, radio-ready song
Onboard microphones and quality I/O let you get your ideas down fast
Part of the joy of working with an all-in-one multitrack recorder like the TASCAM DP-03SD Digital Portastudio is that the tools you need to lay down your ideas are never far away. Say you’re strumming away on the couch and you’ve got an idea you want to get down before it fades. No problem. Grab your guitar, set your DP-03SD down on the coffee table, arm the built-in mics, and fire away. While you’re laying down your first pass, you get this idea for cool lead line. Plug your electric guitar right in and take another pass on track three. Harmonies? No problem. How about some handclaps to try out a rhythm? You have plenty of tracks, so go for it. Before you know it, you’ve got a fleshed out idea you’re ready to take to the studio.
Go back and forth with your DAW with CD-quality SD card recording
Taking a scratch track (or better yet, the start of a song) that you’ve recorded on your DP-03SD into the studio is a piece of cake. It natively records everything in up to CD-quality 16-bit/44.1kHz onto cheap SD/SDHC card media, which you can easily import into your DAW. What if you’ve got a friend who plays a mean B3, but you can’t haul that beast of an instrument into your studio? No worries. Just bounce a few stems from your DAW session, toss them onto an SD card, and load them onto tracks in your DP-03SD. Now you can take the session to the organist, track the B3 parts, and take it back to your studio. There are even handy punch and surprisingly powerful onboard editing functions onboard, and with the optional RC-3F footswitch, some of these functions can be hands-free.
Start with an idea and finish with a fully produced, radio-ready song
What if you don’t even want to touch a DAW or look at your computer while you make your next musical masterpiece? With the TASCAM DP-03SD, it’s entirely possible to to start from scratch and create a fully produced final mix without ever leaving the Portastudio. Onboard, you’ll find such studio magic as a beautiful reverb engine with dedicated sends from each track. Each track also includes a 2-band EQ, and you can bounce tracks to stems to free them up for more recording power. Simple transport and editing commands make getting around your project easy, and when you’re ready to mix down, you’ll be impressed by the multiband processing onboard the DP-03SD.
TASCAM DP-03SD Digital Portastudio Features:
- An 8-track digital recorder that’s perfect for home and mobile music production
- Records at 16-bit/44.1kHz CD quality to inexpensive SD/SDHC card media
- Built-in stereo microphone pair lets you capture acoustic sources
- Includes onboard effects and processing, including multiband mastering effects
- Essential music tools such as a metronome and a chromatic tuner included
- Simultaneous Rec Tracks:2
- Simultaneous Play Tracks:8
- Sample Rate:44.1kHz
- Bit Depth:16-bit
- EQ:2-band EQ per track
- Phantom Power:Yes
- Number of Mic Preamps:2
- Built-in Mics:Internal stereo condenser microphone
- Analog Inputs:2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″ (optional RC-3F footswitch)
- Analog Outputs:1 x stereo RCA, 1 x 1/8″ (headphone)
- USB:Import WAV files from USB
- Storage:SD/SDHC cards
- Faders:9 x 45mm Faders
- Power:12V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:4 lbs.