TASCAM SERIES 208i
Next-generation Recording Quality, Simplified
The TASCAM Series 208i USB audio interface packs an impressive amount of connectivity into a compact and rugged desktop format. And with its built-in effects and processing, you’ll be able to treat your audio with reverb, compression, and EQ on the way into your DAW software. For maximum flexibility in your home studio, the Series 208i features a DSP-based input/output mixer than you can control via the free TASCAM Control software. With four XLR/TRS combo inputs on the front panel, and two 8-channel optical inputs around back, the TASCAM Series 208i USB interface offers up to 20 channels of simultaneous recording.
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps capture detailed nuances
The Series 208i interface employs TASCAM’s Ultra-High Definition Discrete Architecture (HDDA) mic preamp design that delivers audio with extremely low self noise to capture every detail of your musical performances. Each channel also features a TRS jack with switchable line/instrument-level operation, so you can easily track keyboards, guitar, bass, and other instruments alongside your microphones.
Built with mobile recording in mind
At Sweetwater, our Sales Engineers put together recording solutions that work for you, and one of the things today’s engineers and musicians need most is the ability to record wherever they want. The tough all-metal housing and reinforced ends make the Series 208i rugged enough to withstand hotel room recording sessions on the road. The sleek, angled design keeps your levels in sight and offers easy access to gain and volume controls. It’s small enough to fit in your laptop bag, but powerful enough to trust with your next masterpiece.
Includes DAW software
The Series 208i comes with Steinberg DAW software for recording and mixing your music. In addition, you also get versions of IK Multimedia AmpliTube guitar amplifier modeling software and T-RackS mastering software, along with iZotope Neutron Elements.
TASCAM Series 208i USB Audio Interface Features:
- Rugged, sleek metal design makes this a durable interface for recording anywhere
- 4 Ultra-HDDA microphone preamplifiers with individual gain knobs
- Combo inputs accept line- or instrument-level signals for recording keyboards, guitar, bass, and more
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz operation provides superior studio-quality recordings
- Dual optical inputs (with SMUX) support up to 16 additional input channels
- DSP input/output mixer for routing signals, controlled via free TASCAM Control software
- Built-in effects include reverb, compression, and 4-band EQ
- Headphone outputs with individual volume control provide zero-latency monitoring while you record
- Includes Steinberg DAW software, IK Multimedia AmpliTube guitar amplifier modeling software, IK Multimedia T-RackS mastering suite, and iZotope Neutron Elements
- Computer Connectivity:USB 2.0
- Form Factor:Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O:20 x 8
- Number of Preamps:4
- Phantom Power:Yes
- A/D Resolution:Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Effects:Reverb, Compressor, Phase Invert, 4-band EQ
- Analog Inputs:4 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/line/Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs:8 x 1/4″ TRS (line out)
- Digital Inputs:2 x Optical (S/MUX)
- Headphones:2 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O:In/Out
- USB:1 x Type B
- Clock I/O:In/Out
- Software:Tascam Control Software, Amplitube Tascam Edition, T-Racks Tascam Edition, Izotope Neutron Elements
- OS Requirements – Mac:macOS 10.12 or later, iOS 10 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Power Supply:12V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:3.53 lbs.