TASCAM SERIES 8p Dyna
8-channel mic preamplifier with analog compressor has superb audio specifications and connectivity, and features an ample supply of outstanding microphone preamps. The TASCAM SERIES 8p Dyna is a great choice for both studio and stage.
Housed in a rugged 1U rackmount casing, its dual S/MUX optical ports make it a perfect expansion unit for a TASCAM SERIES 102i or 208i or other S/MUX-equipped audio interfaces including ADAT, or use it as a stand-alone front end. Each SERIES 8p Dyna channel also features individually switched +48V phantom power for use with condenser mics, and an easy-to-use, single-control analog compressor with true bypass.
A Superior Front End for Studio and Stage
TASCAM has long been known for transparent, natural, ultra-low-noise preamps, and the eight TASCAM no-compromise HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) preamps in the SERIES 8p Dyna are its best preamps yet; the noise level (EIN) is at -127dBu, the THD is 0.0007%, the dynamic range is 116dB, and the crosstalk is 119dB. Each SERIES 8p Dyna channel also features an easy-to-use, single-control analog compressor with true bypass for handling hot input signals and creating smooth audio input.
With two instrument/microphone combo inputs on the front panel, you can quickly plug in mics, guitars, bassand more. Six balanced mic/line inputs grace the rear. Every microphone input has individually switched +48V phantom power for usingdifferent types of microphones such as Dynamic, Condenser, Ribbon and vintage for properoperation and safety. It adds up to a multi-purpose front end for recording and live sound.
The Features Professionals Need
From its high-end preamps to its versatile outputs, the SERIES 8p Dyna is a thoroughly professional product, right down to its rugged metal 1U rack-mount enclosure. Word clock in and out BNC connectors with an In/Out/Thru switch enable proper synchronization of digital signals. Front-panel analog overload indicators, compression indicators, and digital peak and level meter bars let you monitor the unit’s performance. Yet the SERIES 8p Dyna is simple to operate so you can stay focused on the task at hand.
- Single-knob analog compressor with true bypass individually assignable to each input channel
- 2 front-panel instrument (Hi-Z)/microphone combo inputs
- 6 rear-panel balanced mic/line inputs
- Individually switched +48V phantom power per channel
- Dual S/MUX optical outputs: 8 channels at up to 96kHz; 4 channels at 176.4 or 192kHz (ADAT compatible)
- 8 line-level 1/4-inch balanced TRS analog channel outputs
- 8 line-level balanced channel outputs ona 25-pin D-Sub connector
- Word clock in and out on BNC connectors, with In/Out/Thru switch
- Front-panel analog overload indicators, compression indicators, and digital peak and level meter bars
- Rugged metal 1U rack-mount enclosure
- Includes power supply
- Type of preamp : transistor
- Tascam HDIA Microphone Preamplifier
- +48 V Phantom power switchable per input
- Button analog compressor with real bypass in each channel
- Level displays as well as displays for analog overdrive, compressor and digital parameters
- 8 Mic/line inputs: balanced XLR and jack 6.3 mm
- 2 Instrument inputs: 6.3 mm Jack
- 8 Line outputs: Sub-D25
- 2 ADAT outputs (S/MUX)
- Wordclock input and output
- Design: 19″ 1HE
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 482 x 45 x 229 mm
- Weight: 2.6 kg
- Includes Tascam PS-P1230 power supply (with four exchangeable plug inserts)