Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass Masterbuilt By Kyle McMillin
A Spot-on Re-creation of Phil Lynott’s Iconic P Bass
The Fender Custom Shop Phil Lynott P Bass is a limited-edition replica of the Thin Lizzy frontman’s iconic 4-string electric bass. Built from a resonant, 2-piece ash body, the Phil Lynott Precision Bass yields a nice balance of brightness and warmth. What’s more, its hand-wound ’78 split single-coil pickup ensures fat, meaty, hard-hitting bass lines. You’ll love the feel of this bass guitar, thanks to a rock-solid, “U”-shaped maple neck and an easy-playing rosewood fingerboard with 20 jumbo frets. You’ll also experience enhanced attack, sustain, and clarity, by virtue of a Leo Quan Badass II bridge. The limited-edition Phil Lynott P Bass features an eye-catching relic’d body and Phil’s trademark mirrored pickguard.
Thin Lizzy’s Phil Lynott — an irreplaceable musician
It was hard to take your eyes off of Phil Lynott when he was onstage with Thin Lizzy, thanks to his giant head of hair, outlandish clothing, and mirrored aviator sunglasses that matched the reflective pickguard on his signature Fender P Bass. Phil had a unique way of attacking his instrument — he almost appeared to be strumming it. His up-front bass lines were as integral to Thin Lizzy’s music as his off-the-beat vocal phrasing. From its riftsawn maple neck to its mirrored pickguard and relic’d ash body, the limited-edition Fender Custom Shop Phil Lynott Precision Bass is a spot-on re-creation of an irreplaceable musician’s one-of-a-kind instrument.
Versatile and straightforward electronics
When you think of some of your favorite fat, meaty, and hard-hitting bass lines, there’s a good chance you’re thinking about the sound of a Fender Precision Bass. Thanks to its hand-wound ’78 split single-coil P Bass pickup, you can count on the limited-edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass to pump out dynamically intense and deeply satisfying bass tone. Here at Sweetwater, some of us play with a pick and some play with our fingers. Either way, we’re impressed by the clear sound and serious sonic impact of the Fender Custom Shop Phil Lynott P Bass.
Designed by John Cruz, a living legend among luthiers
If you want a guitar built by master luthier John Cruz, you’d better be patient — you could be on the wait list for over two years. John has been building some of Fender’s best Custom Shop instruments for over two decades, including guitars and basses for Bruce Hall (REO Speedwagon), Mick Mars (Mötley Crüe), Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses), and Brad Whitford (Aerosmith). With the limited-edition Phil Lynott P Bass, you’re getting an impeccable electric bass guitar masterbuilt by a legendary luthier.
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass Features:
- Limited-edition signature Precision Bass of Thin Lizzy’s Phil Lynott
- Masterbuilt by Fender Custom Shop Master Builder, John Cruz
- Resonant, 2-piece ash body yields a nice balance of brightness and warmth
- Hand-wound ’78 split single-coil pickup ensures fat, meaty, hard-hitting bass lines
- Rock-solid riftsawn maple neck with comfortable ‘75 “U” shape
- Easy-playing 3A rosewood fingerboard with 20 jumbo frets
- Leo Quan Badass II bridge delivers enhanced attack, sustain, and clarity of notes
- Eye-catching relic’d body and mirrored pickguard
- Solidbody Electric Bass
- 2-Piece Select Ash Body
- 1975 “U”Shape Rift Sawn Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 34″ Scale Length
- 7.25” Fretboard Radius
- 1.65″ Nut Width
- Bone Nut
- Jumbo Frets
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound ’78 Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup
- Master Volume, Master Tone Controls
- BadAss II Bridge
- Vintage-Style Tuners
- Custom Mirrored Pickguard and Knurled Chrome Knobs
- 8 lbs, 11 oz.
- .910″ Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- 1.010″ Neck Thickness at 12th Fret