Sire Marcus Miller P7 Alder 5 String Tobacco Sunburst
The Marcus Miller P7 is a P-style bass with a Jazz bridge pickup giving you a versatile bass that just oozes vintage style. Based on basses (excuse the pun) from the 70’s you can get loads of tones from the bass depending on how you set up the EQ with the Sire preamp. The active preamp gives you plenty of headroom which means you get an open sounding bass.
Alder Body and Rosewood neck
The P7 has an Alder body for a smooth but punchy bass sound with plenty of mid-range and fantastic bass response. The Rosewood board gives your tone a depth and warmth that you wouldn’t get from any other fingerboard type.
History of Sire Marcus Miller Basses
Sire guitars are the company that build the now famous Marcus Miller basses. Marcus Miller himself is a world-renowned jazz and funk bassist with some of the best bass chops on the planet. And he’s worked with Sire instruments to make basses that are affordable but far exceed their price point in terms of feel, style and above all, sound.
How do they do this? Unlike a lot of other guitar companies that outsource their work, Sire own the factory where their basses are built. This means firstly that they can cut costs but secondly, have full control of the quality of instrument that comes out of the workshop. This allows them to oversee the entire process.
And, Sire instruments are doing good in the world by taking a share of the corporations profits and giving back to society. They have founded schools in Cambodia and Laos and teaching music to children.
CORE TECHNOLOGY FOR GOOD SOUND MARCUS HERITAGE-3
SIRE preamp is a perfect example that represents our technology and philosophy integrated into our instruments. With multiple tone controls, you can have total command in finding and getting the tone you want. The use of 18v battery enables the player to attain unaltered natural sound with strong and powerful output. With 3 band EQ, the player can have versatility in sound that can be suited for all occasions of music sessions. All models come with option for active and passive setting. Even in the passive mode, volume, tone, pickup balancer is fully functional, giving the player more controls for the tone in any mode.
All models also come with sweepable midrange control option that Marcus Miller advocates as a must have option. The middle frequency control knob allows the player to set sound frequency anywhere between 200Hz~1kHz. This option will be very handy in finding the desired sound.
Marcus Super Precision(Neck) + Jazz(Bridge)
- Marcus Super Precision Pick up Set is made with US-manufactured USA coil. It is an upgraded pick up set that allows you to create both the special tone fromthe precision bass along with vintage sound from the jazz bass.
- In addition to the Fiber Bobbin and Alnico 5 magnets, this pick up is also made with US manufactured USA coil magnet wires.
- This Marcus Super Precision Pick Up Set gives the player that rich, powerful unique precision bass sound as well as the vintage jazz bass tone.
NORTH AMERICAN ALDER
A popular choice for most bass guitars is the North American Alder. Other basses at this price range commonly use Basswood or Agathis tone wood but Sire Guitars chooses the traditional North American Alder which is known for its strong clear full-bodied sound, with beefy mids and excellent lows that is perfect for the traditional jazz bass sound.
STABLE AND ACCURATE SOUND WAVE TRANSFER
Marcus Miller SIRE P7 bass is equipped with newly designed Marcus Miller SIRE Bridge which is specially developed with Marcus Miller’s request. This bridge has the characteristics of vintage jazz bass with heavy mass saddle. This combination produces a rich and punchy sound. New Marcus Miller Bridge is a string-thru body bridge mechanism that allows for more tighter, accurate and stable tone.
Nut is one of the most important parts of the guitar that influences the performance, playability, and tone of the instrument. Depending on the quality of the material and elasticity, the nut can improve the sound or degrade the sound. Although bone nut is more costly and harder to work with, it is considered to deliver more balanced, clearer and smoother tone than plastic or eurite material.
EASE OF PLAYABILITY 1 PIECE HARDMAPLE NECK
The neck is made with one-piece hard maple.The neck is made with Canadian hard maple. With its hardness and strength it minimizes the movement and stabilizes the neck to maintain the original shape and condition. Also the one-piece neck minimizes the loss of vibration and maximizes the tone sustain and maintains the tone to lasts.
- Material : Swamp Ash / North American Alder
- Shape : Sire Precision Bass Type
- Color : Ash Body-4 NT, TS, WB | Alder- Body-4 TS, AWH, BK
- Pickgaurd : Black(Swamp Ash) / Tortoise(Alder)
- Material : 1 Piece Hardmaple
- Shape : C-Shape
- Scale : 34”
- Neck Joint : 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate
- Material : Hardmaple(Swamp Ash ) / Rosewood(Alder)
- Radius : 7’25”
- Frets : Medium Small, 20 Frets
- String Nut : Natural Bone 38mm width(4 string)
- Binding : 1 ply Ivory
- Inlay : WH Pearloid Block
- Pickups : Marcus Super Precision(Neck) + Jazz(Bridge)
- Preamp : Marcus Heritage- 3 with Middle Frequency Control
- Controls : Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive )
- knob : Modern Black Plastic
- Bridge : Heavy Mass Standard
- Tuning Gear : Sire Premium Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish : Chrome