TASCAM’s compact DR-10X attaches to a handheld microphone for the ultimate compact news gathering recording system. A captive XLR connector attaches firmly to your microphone, capturing interviews at 48kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV resolution. Offload recordings through the microUSB connection or by removing the microSD card.
The DR-10X has both manual and automatic gain settings, with a low cut filter and limiter to prevent overloads. The Dual Recording mode captures a copy of the audio at a lower level, so if there is distortion you have a backup safety. Recording can begin instantly by holding the record side switch while turning the unit on.
For simple-to-use ENG recording that stays out of the way, TASCAM’s DR-10X leads the field.
This recorder can be attached to a dynamic mic or a battery-powered condenser mic and record its output
This audio recorder is designed for plug-on connection, so it can be connected directly to XLR handheld mics. In addition to dynamic mics, it can also be used with battery-powered condenser mics. In addition to using this recorder with handheld mics in interviews and mics on stands in press conferences, it can also be used for recording seminars, meetings and any other situations using a handheld microphone.
Compact and lightweight
The DR-10X is compact – fitting in the palm of the hand and lightweight at 56.3 grams. In addition, the mic connector has a locking mechanism that ensures a tight fit to the microphone body giving the entire assembly a solid feel.When recording interviews or reporting that requires high audio quality, a field recorder is normally needed. But for small-scale reporting, you can record high-quality audio with just a microphone and the DR-10X. No need to carry bulky equipment – you can now record with a compact rig that you can hold in one hand.
Linear PCM Recorder with high-quality audio
Designed to capture high-quality mono audio at 48kHz/24-bit for interviews, meetings and other professional applications.
Designed for recording interviews, press conferences, meetings and other professional uses, the recording format used is 48kHz/24-bit mono WAV(BWF format).
- XLR plug-on connection
- Compatible with dynamic mics as well as bettery-powered condenser mics
- 48kHz/24-bit linear PCM mono recording
- WAV files (compatible with BWF format)
- Media: microSD/SDHC cards (supports 32GB capacities)
- Sliding record switch and hold function to prevent misoperation during recording
- Dual recording function
- automatic file closing function to prevent the loss of already recorded data
- XLR connector also can use as external input for external input
- High/Mid/Low recording level settings
- Low-cut filter
- Automatic level function
- With a built-in clock function, supports BWF files that can have time information added, which is convenient for editing and searching
- Time track incrementing function can create new files at regular intervals (every 15 minutes) during recording
- Playback function allows recorded data to be checked immediately
- Headphone output
- Locking mechanism assure a tight connection with the microphone body
- Easy-to-read organic EL display
- micro USB B port enables easy data exchange with computers
- Records at least 10 hours on a single AAA battery by using alkaline batteries (EVOLTA)
- Unit settings can be created and transferred as a computer text file
- Firmware can be updated using a microSD card
- RoHS-compliant product
|Recording Media||microSD card (64 MB to 2 GB), microSDHC card (4 to 32 GB)|
|SD Card Slot||Push-Push type (Guard cover mounted)|
|Recording Format||WAV (BWF)|
|Sampling Frequency||48 kHz|
|Analog Audio Input||XLR-3-31|
|Input Impedance||10 kOhms or more|
|Mic Input||Mic Input Gain: Low, Mid, High|
|Headphones||1/8″ (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack (dual mono operation)|
|USB||Connector: Micro-B type (4 pin) Maximum Output: USB 2.0 high speed mass storage|
|Power||1x AAA battery (alkaline or NiMH) USB bus power|
|Battery Operating Time||Alkaline Battery (EVOLTA): About 10 hours|
|RTC||RTC Battery: 1x lithium (soldered in)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||52 x 94.4 x 28 mm|
|Weight||56.3 g without batteries|