Professional Recording on Location.
The DR-44WLB has a pair of high-quality stereo condenser microphones built from high-performance components and arranged in XY pattern. These mics can handle high sound pressure levels without distortion. Two locking XLR inputs for external mics or sources are also available.
With four independent recording tracks, built-in mixer with reverb effect plus a bounce feature, the DR-44WLB offers the ability to create true multitrack recordings. Or record two tracks in different formats (WAV/MP3) or with different level settings.
Quality Sound, Every Time
The DR-22WL comes with the latest pair of Cardiod condenser capsules, mounted in acoustically-tuned housings and positioned in the perfect X-Y pattern. Just point the recorder at the sound source and you’ll immediately get the perfect stereo recording without having to worry about phase alignment and imaging during playback.
Like all Tascam recorders, the mic capsules were selected after extensive listening tests. So you can rest assured that your recording quality doesn’t come from specs, and technicalities. It comes from real life experiments to ensure it sounds great.
The Design of the DR-44WL has been tuned so that it can record levels of up to 132dB SPL without encountering distortion. Let me tell you that’s pretty damn loud! So if you want to record your mates death metal band, or capture an underground train rushing past for your sound effect library, you wont have a problem.
One of the biggest innovations that Tascam has made with the latest recorders is the integration of Wi-fi control. Now you can connect directly to your recorder using your smartphone or other Wi-Fi device if in range. You don’t even need a router network or other external equipment, as the recorder does all the hard work. Pairing a device is easy and if by any chance you lose your connection, your recording will not be affected.
One of the biggest gains from this new functionality is that you can now place your recorder in the optimum recording position and control the recording from the back of the room or from your place in the audience. The free downloadable apps offer full functionality, allowing you to access not only transport controls like recording and playback, but also input levels filters and mix. A power conservation mode is included ensure your wi-fi connection doesn’t drain too much power.
And that is not all! The Wi-fi connection is also able to Stream your mix wirelessly so that you can monitor the input during the performance. Just plug headphones into your device and make your adjustments without going anywhere near the sound source and any extra wires.
- MTR mode enables multitrack music production
- Four-track mode supports advanced recording
- Remote control, file transfer and streaming playback using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi connects directly to smartphone without a router
- Full remote control using the free TASCAM app for iOS and Android
- Recorded audio can be posted directly to SoundCloud using the TASCAM DR Control app
- Dual level recording function allows simultaneous recording of a second file at a lower level
- Dual-format recording function allows simultaneous recording of both WAV and MP3 files
- Automatic level optimization functions (Peak Reduction & Limiter)
- Low-cut filter with four selectable frequencies (40/80/120/220Hz)
- Pre-recording buffer records up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- Automatic track increment function that can be set according to the application (level, elapsed time or manual)
- Auto recording function that can detect the signal input signal level and automatically start recording
- Automatic mark function that adds marks according to preset conditions (peak detection or manual)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
- A-B Loop playback function that is convention for practicing music
- Automatic division function that divides files at marks (manual division also possible)
- M-S decoding function for utilizing M-S microphones
- Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
- Automatic power saving function that prevents unnecessary waste of battery power
- Resume function that retains the last stop position when power is turned back ON
- Chromatic tuner and a metronome are available in 4-track mode (V1.10)
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with 0.3W output
- 128×128 pixel oversized graphic LCD with backlight
- USB 2.0 high-speed file transfer to a computer
- Stereo mini headphone line output / headphone output connector
- Powered by four AA batteries, USB bus power, or AC adapter
- Long-time operation of over 16 hours using the internal batteries (Alkaline battery, 16/44.1, 2ch, Wi-Fi OFF)
- Quality construction with aluminium side panels and genuine brass mic guards for durability
- Carrying strap connection
- Tripod attachment screw-hole
- 4GB microSD card and SD card adapter are included
- Standard accessories: AC adapter, windscreen, grip that is compatible with mic stands, shoe mount adapter, case
- RoHS certified
- Supported WAV recording formats: 44.1k/48k/96kHz, 16/24bit, WAV/BWF
- Supported MP3 recording format: 44.1k/48kkHZ, 32k to 320kbps, MP3
- Recording media: SD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 128GB SDXC card)
- Cardioid stereo condenser microphones fixed in X-Y position
- High sound pressure design captures levels up to 132dB SPL
- Innovative shock mount structure reduces physical noise
- XLR/TRS inputs compatible with mic or line level (-10 or +4dBu)
- +48V phantom power supply for condenser microphones
- PGA (programmable gain amplifier) and Cirrus Logic CS42L52 audio codec for low-noise, high-performance audio recording